The Reporting API is one of Index Exchange (Index)'s primary reporting services. You can use it to create and schedule the automated delivery of custom reports for your own analytical purposes.
To learn how to create reports in the Index UI, see Reports in the Index UI. This feature is only available for publishers and buyers.
Follow the steps below to get started using the Reporting API.
Before you begin:
- You require an Index UI account username and password to establish authentication. If you do not have an Index UI account, contact your Index Representative.
- Decide how you want to receive your report. Choose from:
- API: You can access your reporting data instantly by downloading a report from the API directly.
- Email: You can set up your reports to be delivered to one or more email addresses.
- Amazon S3: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is a cloud-based storage service. Amazon S3 users can schedule automated report delivery to your storage instance. To set up reports to deliver directly to your S3 bucket, contact your Index Representative. To learn more about Amazon S3, see Amazon S3.
- To submit API requests, you will first need to establish authentication using the Generate user account token route.
- Determine which fields you would like to include in your report. To find out which fields are available, retrieve a List of report fields. For descriptions of each of these fields, see:
- List of reporting API fields for publishers
- List of reporting API fields for buyers
- List of reporting API fields for DSPs
To see some example reports that you can use, see:
To understand how to build a report that addresses your specific use case, see:
- Curated report field groupings for publishers
- Curated report field groupings for buyers
- Curated report field groupings for DSPs
Using the APIs:
- Required fields: A red asterisk (*) beside a field name indicates that it is a required field.
- Currency and time zone: All reporting data is in USD and Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) by default. Publishers can create a report that includes data in your local currency and time zone by using the regionSetting field in the Create report route.
- Report limit: There is a maximum limit of 2000 reports per account, which includes any deactivated reports. You can minimize the number of reports you create by scheduling a single report to deliver at several different times, as required. You can also manage your report limit by monitoring and deleting any active or deactivated reports that you no longer need.